Thanks a lot! I can hardly imagine any better review other then yours. The only thing that remains a bit unclear is that yellowish metal bracket with ports for ABS solenoid valve lines - I don't quite understand whether it just works as a support arm or there's a hydraulic line inside it. Maybe... if you strip it into bits, but it's quite unlikely you gonna do that.
As for the '93 9K Aero in your garage - it would be great if you photographed and showed the hydraulic interfaces of Master Cylinder and TC valves of its ATE ABS MkII unit. TC valves - it's that very small box attached on the RH side of MC (and there should also be an electric cable to drive that pair of valves and to sense pressure sensor which is inside that box).
The idea that has been drilling me for last weeks as to add TC/EDS valves to C900 ABS unit and I wonder whether it can be done with stock C900 master cylinder or not. And for the latter case I need to study the interfaces (both mounting and hydraulic) on stock components and the replacement ones (from VAG, 9K and others).
The 2nd part - driving all that stuff - appears to be slightly easier: 9K TCS ECU requires communication with ETS (electronic throttle, which I don't plan to add since it's prone for failures) counter-part. So most probably I'll go with some VAG solution (Corrado, Golf, Passat with supercharger or VR6 engines; Aidi is still to be researched).
Thanks again and looking fwd to seeing your 9K ABS/TC unit!
posted by 188.134.44...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- What am I doing wrong?, Siegfried, Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:46:09
- zig, i have a m/c loose in my storage, i can take..., baggsly , Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:14:10
- Yes, I like! VERY LIKE! (+JohnG), Siegfried, Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:49:24
- Pictures, as promised., John G, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:33:25
- Re: Pictures, as promised., John G, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:38:52
- John, that's excellent!, Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:26:09
- Re: Pictures, as promised., John G, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:06:27
- ack'd, please hold on (n/m), Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:43:09
- TC valves, Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:53:54
- Re: TC valves, John G, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:39:34
- + couple of C900 MC photos request, Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:19:20
- EPC.7b - that's abs, not tc valve block (n/m), Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:07:00
- TC and ABS valves, Siegfried, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:00:15
- search for P/N 25528382, Saab Junkie , Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:51:55
- Reatta?, Jon , Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:57:32
- Re:, Siegfried, Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:40:40
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!