1. If you hear click-clicking sound under the hood while keeping your ignition key in the 'St' position, then it's either dead batt or bad power cables going to and from the battery (or their connections). The correct syndrome for mentioned technique to be used is a single click from under the hood to happen when you move your ignition key to and from 'St.' ignition lock position.
2. All those sticks and hammers can be replaced with other stuff like heavy wrenches or spanner (especially, if you're a chap) or big (really big) screwdrivers or tommy-/pry- bars.
3. If you misplace the stick - and place it onto the solenoid's contacts - then you might need a new car, a new fire extinguisher, a new battery and other goodies like battery cables. On the good side - it may be funny to watch it aloof.
I'm taking no responsibility if you do it wrong. If you don't know what you're doing and what can go wrong and what you've got to do should it go wrong, do not do that.
posted by 188.134.44...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- intermittent no start, bcharliek, Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:40:15
- Re: intermittent no start, damien, Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:04:37
- starter solenoid kaputt is coming (n/m), Siegfried, Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:54:36
- Neutral Safety Switch?, B Millar , Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:48:16
- My 92 had same problem, Mitch, Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:39:17
- Check simple stuff first, RadioFlyer , Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:08:22
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!