Re: Head and rear lights come on by themselves switch off - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
You're going to need to do some troubleshooting, to figure out what exactly is happening.
1. Low beams or high beams?
2. Are all the lights coming on, or just the headlights themselves?
3. Are the interior lights or function lights coming on in the cabin?
4. Does unplugging the headlight switch change the behavior?
5. Does removing the headlight relay change the behavior?
6. Is the headlight relay being triggered, or is it acting independently? Does a multimeter show the coil terminal of the relay is being acted upon?
7. Does the car have any other electrical gremlins?
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!