Battery Cable Update - Old and New Specs - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I had posted a few weeks ago regarding wanting battery cables for an 1989 900TC.
Found a company in Louisville, KY called Battery Cables USA and ordered new Postive, Negative and Alternator Cables. For those of you that are interested in the specs, I have placed a folder in my member photo gallery that has lots of info regarding.
I am not an engineer - just someone trying to find a way to have good quality cables made without having to buy materials and make myself. Have enough to do on the car and don't want to lengthen the DIY list.
If interested, review the site for materials, construction, etc., and judge for yourself. And if your 900 catches on fire, don't try to find and harm me.
I've had the cables on for a week and the car starts much quicker and seems to run better (this could be wishful thinking). Slight improvement on windows as well.
Two Things of Note:
1. There are 2 alternator cables pictured: 6G and 8G. I originally got the 6G but it is really too big, so ordered the 8G and will put on in the next few days. Obviously the alternator cable is optional.
2. The lug on the short positive cable pictured in gallery (goes to junction) is 5/16", which is too big - it should be 1/4". I had to bend the metal prongs slightly to get it to seat. I changed on the order sheet to reflect 1/4".
In the end total investment was $57.00, including shipping and the cables arrived in 2 days. I believe everything is crimped and not soldered, which appears to be the preferred method. I placed on-line and had to put in special instructions regarding how to combine cables, lug sizes, etc. You can also e-mail the specs on the contact page or call.
Definitely worth a look at if you are considering cables.
->Posting last edited on Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:55:21.
Posts in this Thread:
- Battery Cable Update - Old and New Specs, saabinator , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:49:39 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: Battery Cable Update - Old and New Specs, BS, Wed, 17 Apr 2019 07:04:04
- Nicely done, StoicBlue87 , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 07:50:11
- Re: Battery Cable Update - Old and New Specs, Landjet , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:43:24
- Nice post!, Tushy, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 19:17:44
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!