Sounds like you have the problem solved for now, but this info may simplify the problem next time. Modern color matching is done by a computerized process that any body shop or paint supplier has access to. The color code is irrelevant. The car or any small color chip can be photographed at the paint shop or wherever it sits, then matched, adjusted, and put in a spray can if you want, all pretty cheap.
Because of aging of the original paint, not to mention variation in a color from new, for a close match the final mix should be adjusted by an experienced eye. Matching your existing paint by the modern process will probably result in a closer match than using the formula associated with the color code, when it can be determined. Paint technology has changed a little (!) since your car was painted.
posted by 75.147.23...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- vintage paint codes, toosaab , Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:09:34
- Re: vintage paint codes, kansas, Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:30:48
- Re: vintage paint codes, DougM , Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:10:53
- Re: vintage paint codes, Bob Smith, Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:39:31
- Re: vintage paint codes, Remy, Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:05:42
- it's red!!! n/m, jimmy, Sat, 25 Aug 2012 09:30:34
- Re: vintage paint codes, Brian, Sat, 25 Aug 2012 02:39:28
- You might try posting this on "Vintage Models" BB...., Baggsly , Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:09:35
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!