The 5.20x15 bias ply tire was the standard tire for the 96 sedan. White walls were still optional in 1967. Lots of people converted their tires to 5.60x15 when the original tires wore out because 5.60x15 was the standard tire for the VW Beetle, and they were more easily found and usually cheaper than the 5.20x15. I speak from personal experience with a '64 96 and a '67 95 (wagon). 5.60x15 was the standard size tire for the wagon, because of its extra weight.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Tire Size Problem - 2 stroke restoration - Long Nose, Jerry Danner, Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:22:57
- Re: Tire Size Problem - 2 stroke restoration - Long Nose, Steve L., Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:05:38
- Re: I need information about internet pages about the 96 of 1962, Julio Osorio, Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:35:02
- Re: Tire Size Problem - 2 stroke restoration - Long Nose, Andy , Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:02:16
- Whitewalls may have been optional......, Dave Westlake, Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:51:41
- Re: Tire Size Problem - 2 stroke restoration - Long Nose, Carlin 69/96, Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:43:33
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!