NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
I can remember pre-halloween skiing in years past, but I can't get excited about early-season skiing any more. There's usually a skinny strip of man-made snow where hundreds of type-"A" personality skiers are competing for space. If it's below freezing, there are probably snow guns going full blast, too. The last time I bothered to ski in those conditions, I couldn't make more than 2 or 3 turns before running out of room.
Strangely enough, all of those people are nowhere to be seen in late April, May, and June, when the weather is much nicer and there is much more snow. I'll wait until there is enough natural snow to ski in the woods before buying a lift ticket.
posted by 24.195.59...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- OT: Any skiing open in US yet?, Saabpilot , Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:20:06
- Re: OT: Any skiing open in US yet?, Sean from Milford, Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:59:48
- Really?, Saabpilot , Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:10:07
- Killington is usually the 1st to open in the east-, IrieTom , Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:46:10
- Dude...you can always "earn your turns" and hike...., Thom, Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:35:48
- A-Basin opens "Soon", Jonathan Scupin , Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:22:57
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.