Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
How does one deal with road rage?
This morning at around 6AM, I was driving to my gym to work out before
starting work as usual. On the way to the gym there is a pot hole which
I have driven over countless times, and it is in the lane I have to take
to make the turn I need to make. I slow down so that I don't bend my
rim, and it just so happened that I had some crazy lunatic tail gating
me. He became upset for having nearly rear-ended me. He honked at me,
and as things go that's where the encounter usually ends. But no, not
this time. He kept tailgating me all the way to the gym, and when I
parked he got out of his truck to make suggestions about what he will
insert into my various orifices and with sufficient force that the object
inserted will issue forth from one of my other orifices (some of which
orifice-pairs he mentioned are not even connected). The thing is that,
he was a middle aged man soggy around the mid-section. I'm in my
thirties and in the best shape of my life thanks to working out every
morning. I could have taken him, but then there's the legal matter and I
wasn't sure if he had a firearm. So, I let him yell at me and make
suggestions on physical maneuvers I should make which frankly sounded
physiologically implausible no matter how much yoga I learned. Then, he
drove away. The thing is I'm the one who went over to the dark side and
now drive a BMW. So, if stereotypes are correct I should be the one with
road rage issues. :-)
Should I have driven around for a while to try to shake him? How does one deal with random road rage? I can take the honking, being cut off and the occasional bird but this early morning confrontation was a little
Have you had issues with others' road rage?
posted by 216.60.127...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Road Rage, J, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 06:59:35
- Re: Road Rage, Tom g, Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:02:40
- That's nothing. You should ride a bike every day!, Barry, Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:30:35
- Keep reducing speed and allow passing, JohnA , Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:50:45
- That's why I got rid of my BMW, No Snaab , Thu, 3 Jul 2008 04:45:47
- Since he continued to tailgate you perhaps a detour, SilverAeroGuy, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:03:33
- Re: Road Rage, OhSaabIAOh, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:37:11
- Re: Road Rage, turbocon86, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:21:56
- NOTHING!!! DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!, cryptical, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:37:41
- Re: Road Rage, Eric Law, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:28:01
- Disagree, he would now have or have broken your cell>, Mike in Anchorage , Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:09:39
- Camera phone with video?, JMJ in NC, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:29:26
- good advice. thanks. n/m, J, Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:53:06
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!