NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
In 1999 the Jetta body and chassis were changed, and of course gained weight, but I think the 1.9 liter engine and turbo were unchanged. My parents got a 01 Golf TDI because they were impressed with the mileage I was getting; mechanically they seemed identical and at least some of the parts were interchangeable. It also started smoking on acceleration at around 100k miles. The old Jetta diesels didn't have the direct injection feature, but they were bullet proof, but nose heavy.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Diesel electric cars? Why aren't there any?, Brian, Sat, 7 May 2011 04:29:59
- Advantage in trains isn't applicable to cars..., Craig, Mon, 9 May 2011 16:22:20
- Locomotive, nwas, Mon, 9 May 2011 13:17:34
- Weight penalty and diminising return, Tim, Sat, 7 May 2011 21:58:39
- Mercedes-Benz E300 BlueTEC Hybrid, BlueWhite, Sat, 7 May 2011 08:41:28
- "Incredible" reliability of diesel hybrid?, dmz789qqq, Sat, 7 May 2011 06:35:40
- Or how about diesel hybrids?, Noel , Sat, 7 May 2011 05:40:48
- You mean like this?, Les_H, Sat, 7 May 2011 06:23:05
- High Sulphur in our diesel fuel?, Ultimated , Sat, 7 May 2011 15:01:46
- What is 49 G/km?, OKSaabs , Sat, 7 May 2011 13:49:07
- problem isn't manufacturers, it's gov't - FMVSS, Trev, Sat, 7 May 2011 07:39:37
- Yep. I don't normally buy new cars but, Noel , Sat, 7 May 2011 07:25:23
- Re:, BobS, Sun, 8 May 2011 14:18:42
- We're not far from it, No Snaab , Sun, 8 May 2011 14:09:14
- Re: Yep. I don't normally buy new cars but, pete, Sat, 7 May 2011 21:15:19
- Re: Yep. I don't normally buy new cars but, SWEDECAR , Sat, 7 May 2011 08:18:22
- Re: Yep. I don't normally buy new cars but, Boomer, Sat, 7 May 2011 07:30:52
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.