yeah, the way I wrote that probably came across the wrong way (I didn't take it as criticism + I do recognize that buying new does support the company more because of that initial profit/depreciation)... anyway, no offense taken... I mainly was trying to point out that the demographics of this site are probably somewhat disproportionate as compared to the broader market... there are a lot of people who go to my Saab indy who would never fix their own Saabs (and he's a busy guy, does 80-90% Saabs)... and even more only go to the dealer (though that amazes me)...
I think the big issue sales-wise was that the new 9-5 (while a very nice large sedan) is not what many Saab enthusiasts are looking for: a fast fun practical hatch, a family wagon, or a sporty convertible... I think there is pent up demand for the first 2 items, which will be addressed in the next 2 years, and many others will be brought into the brand with the 9-4x (or will move from wagons etc to suv within the brand)... probably 9-5 sales will increase as other models become more popular... next couple months are critical...
I really hope Saab doesn't pull out of the North American market... that would be a real shame...
posted by 69.63.4...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, BrianG, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:48:24
- good (n/m), Siegfried, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:28:49
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, SENewhouse, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:39:24
- Ahhh, the irony of these comments.........n/m, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:07:54
- stay calm, it is only a 29.9% share in SAAB, and is..., ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:43:16
- Now that Chinese Firms own and control Saab, I won't..., Billy, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:43:40
- Look what happened to Japan.., pushrodsaab, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:03:28
- they do not "own" and "control" SAAB, ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:44:05
- Volvo was in the same boat, still has great cars...., Paul H, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:37:09
- Why? Never buy clothes, electronics, consumer goods? nm, turrbo , Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:07:36
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:45:13
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, pete, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:45:46
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!