So if after three trips to the tire shop you still have vibration it's not a tire balance issue. With todays equipment a single visit should balance them. Did they also let you know if your rims are out of round or not spunning true? A fair number of Saab OEM rims were made from what appears to have been a marshmellow alloy and very prone to going out of round if you live in an area with a lot of potholes. That is my guess if you can't get rid of the vibration on ALL of your Saabs. One other thing to check is if your rims are accumulating road dirt. I live on a dirt road and the wheels on both my 9-5 Combi's tend to cake enough dirt inside the rims to easily put them out of balance on occasion. In the winter it's even worse as slush tends to freeze onto the 6 o'clock position on the rims when parked. Quite a shock to park a car that was driving smooth only to head out the next cold morning and find my Saab hopping down the road.
posted by 68.171.143...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Vibration in EVERY Saab - Why?, James, Thu, 24 May 2012 05:11:23
- 1 out of 3 for me., turrbo , Thu, 24 May 2012 15:39:42
- Re: Vibration in EVERY Saab - Why?, Simon S, Thu, 24 May 2012 11:54:12
- This was an issue for 1 of the 6 Saabs I've owned, ToddInMA, Thu, 24 May 2012 10:30:43
- James, you aren't from Mordor, are you?, Siegfried, Thu, 24 May 2012 10:19:54
- Are the rims round?, Coggs, Thu, 24 May 2012 06:36:47
- Never been an issue for me., B Millar , Thu, 24 May 2012 05:42:22
- REALLY, saabsince 93b , Thu, 24 May 2012 08:56:25
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!