Optometrist do not go to medical school. In some countries, they are forbidden to call themselves "doctor" and, if they do, they can go to prison.
Ophthalmologists are M.D.'s that go to medical school. They are eye specialists just like cardiologists are heart specialists or pediatricians are child specialists.
I didn't know this until a few years ago.
posted by 98.203.23...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Eye glasses, buying online..., Savary , Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:19:53
- thanks for all the info guys...n/m, Savary , Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:14:45
- Yes, OKSaabs , Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:03:27
- lookmatic, inca99, Sat, 16 Jun 2012 06:33:39
- Warby Parker, FauxRealism, Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:21:39
- Maybe frames only..., MI-Roger , Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:18:00
- Re: Eye glasses, buying online..., westernny, Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:38:52
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!