First I need to qualify my response as I am a licensed Financial Advisor.
As others stated, how much you need to retire is dependent on your needs and your goals. You must also look at your age of retirement, life expectancy and other income sources. As for investments, always have a diversified portfolio that is properly allocated and matches your risk profile. As part of the portfolio, there are investments that will generate a minimum of 5% for life.
I would suggest you find a qualified financial advisor you trust and work with them to determine a retirement strategy based on your individual needs, goals, and capabilities.
posted by 97.116.60...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- How much $$$ you need to RETIRE, STICKMAN, Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:01:37
- Re: How much $$$ you need to RETIRE, Licensed FA, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 20:59:45
- Good investment real estate, Janik , Fri, 3 Aug 2012 17:30:13
- $3M, Sam 3, Thu, 2 Aug 2012 19:50:05
- Re: $3M, PT, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 07:54:30
- $1 Million will yield a continuous $40K per year at 4%, MI-Roger , Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:51:21
- Re: How much $$$ you need to RETIRE, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:15:43
- ... tried to be clear, STICKMAN, Fri, 3 Aug 2012 07:08:33
- Re: Start off by determining your income needs, paul de k , Thu, 2 Aug 2012 13:29:45
- Re: How much $$$ you need to RETIRE, Barrymabel , Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:49:25
- Re: How much $$$ you need to RETIRE, Mark from Toronto, Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:43:59
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!