IMHO the gauge really doesn't provide any useful information in a factory tuned car. It's not like you're going to stop doing what you're doing because of something the gauge tells you. Back in the '70s they added boost gauges in a mixture of marketing (turbos are special) and safety (when cars might legitimately overboost), but by the '90s many turbo cars had already abandoned them. I thought I'd miss having one in my Solstice, but I haven't. I put my foot down, car goes faster - I don't really need to know what boost pressure is.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- A turbo by any other name, Bruce, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:16:38
- Nothing new here..., Larry West , Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:15:37
- 173k, original turbo here!, dcjayhawk, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:30:44
- .....validates Saab technology, Mike Lynch , Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:19:24
- I think "turbo" scares some people., B Millar , Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:32:37
- Scared because of reliability/maintenance issues., dmz789qqq, Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:26:55
- Why?, Noel , Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:55:06
- That's why, dmz789qqq, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:02:33
- Garrett started with blended, not full synthetic., Norm95, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:54:10
- Re: That's why, Noel , Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:33:02
- Re:, Yad Loof, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:01:52
- Re: Scared because of reliability/maintenance issues., NCCaniac , Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:46:42
- Re: Scared because of reliability/maintenance issues., dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:00:23
- lol, its not quite like a jet turbine! nm, Simon S, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:11:22
- Which ecoboost ?, dteckakacheptech, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:19:36
- Cruze hatch/wagon maybe coming., Norm95, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:55:00
- Re: A turbo by any other name, Mattias.se, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:36:04
- Re: A turbo by any other name, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:38:24
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!