I had a '91 accord wagon that was still running strong when i sold it last year with over 300k on the car. It never had any troubles or major work done to it, simply oil changes, tune ups, and brake work every once in a while.
I am down at school in PA, where it seems the mantra is VW or death. People are more commited to those than anything i have ever seen, and i am constantly getting into arguments with local kids about it. They don't hold up the way a volvo, saab, MB, or even a honda or toyota. Most of the kids i know that have had them are broke due to the constant electrical and mechanical problems they have. They aren't practical in most respects, with high ownership costs, and very little of a performance and handling advantage from my driving tests of them.
I'd stick with the accord, or possibly look at other options, such as a maza 3 or 6...although i will admit the passat does have a better aesthetic appeal to them.
posted by 209.225.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Honda Accord vs. Passat, MisplacedYankee, Fri, 28 May 2004 19:02:27
- Thanks all. The answer is..., Misplacedyankee, Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:30:57
- Re: Honda Accord vs. Passat, BobJ, Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:20:20
- Re: Honda Accord vs. Passat, Conor, Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:40:49
- Strongly suggest you check out Jetta GLI (+), Vlad, Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:23:04
- ever considered a Mazda6?, dip, Sat, 29 May 2004 18:59:31
- Re: Honda Accord vs. Passat: get the Accord, SydneyB, Sat, 29 May 2004 08:44:50
- Re: Honda Accord vs. Passat - Get a 9.3 for about the, larryu, Sat, 29 May 2004 07:05:18
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!