In my book when the floors are rusted through it's nothing more than a parts car. There is no greater headache to fix on a Sonett than the metal work. Take the time to find a good chassis with no more than a few small rust repairs. Even then you will spend two grand on parts to make the car road worthy again and that's if you have a good engine and transmission. Spending the money to have a good car shipped from a rust free area of the country is money much better spent. There is nothing more disheartening than spending two years just trying to solve rust problems. I just bought a Sonett III parts car with good floors, but needs four small rust repairs. Has several unique added options and no fiberglass damage and nice paint. I paid $500. for it.
posted by 74.69.240...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Found a Sonett for sale..good deal?, Moosepuck, Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:56:30
- There's Sonett II's on EE Bray right now, TOBASH, Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:39:56
- Sonett III part car values, Eric, Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:11:14
- Re: Found a Sonett for sale..good deal?, Bob Smith, Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:45:22
- Re: Found a Sonett for sale..good deal?, eric in vermont, Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:25:39
- Re: Found a Sonett for sale..good deal?, Ray Kopczynski, Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:20:55
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!