If you want interesting cars, SOMEBODY has to buy them - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
If you want interesting cars, SOMEBODY has to buy them
Posted by No Snaab (more from No Snaab) on Sun, 3 Feb 2019 05:53:05
In Reply to: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, neil dale [Profile/Gallery]
, Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:23:04
A lot of people on this site (and elsewhere) were all pumped up about Alfa coming back to the US but then when they do come back suddenly we're not so interested--at least not enough to buy one. For all the love of Saabs here, how many ever supported the company by purchasing a new one? Were they so bullet proof when new? So we don't buy them and then we seemed surprised when they go out of business. A 505 horsepower Alfa is NOT a Camry and we shouldn't be surprised if it's a bit temperamental. Plus they run the whee out of magazine test cars, it's the first year for the car and they're starting a dealer network from scratch. Pretty much all ultra complicated, high performance cars have their issues. Other than the differential (from overly hard use in my book) it amounted to a few electrical gremlins which were fixed under warranty. If we sit on our hands we aren't going to see cars like this.
posted by 99.129.240...
Posts in this Thread:
- a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, neil dale , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:23:041
- Alfa sales are up 133%!, No Snaab, Thu, 7 Feb 2019 04:10:11
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, Randy Thatcher , Mon, 4 Feb 2019 05:11:12
- If you want interesting cars, SOMEBODY has to buy them, No Snaab, Sun, 3 Feb 2019 05:53:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, stopsaabn , Sun, 3 Feb 2019 04:02:18
- All well and good, but..., JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 18:21:57
- Oddly low pricing on used Giulias in the Detroit area, MI-Roger , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:31:23
- Nice, but also 3X+ cost of my brand new Saab..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:00:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!