Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
When you remove the battery, you'll be able to get a good look at it. When I had my car apart to rebuild its engine, I inspected mine, and although it was somewhat cracked, I decided to leave it until it gets worse. That was a year ago. The battery tray is easy to remove, so there isn't a huge any time savings. The right hand mount usually fails first, so I'd be looking at that. If you can't get a finger between the large washer and the mount, I'd replace it. It can cause a lot of vibration. Unfortunately, its pretty pricey.
posted by 71.225.109...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Replace Transmission mount?, Larry West , Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:17:49
- Watch out..., B Millar , Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:48:55
- Re: Replace Transmission mount?, Ian Glenday , Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:35:53
- How well can you see it?, AlS , Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:35:10
- my battery tray is plastic, zef95, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:02:38
- Re: Replace Transmission mount?, AaronG, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:50:01
- Re: Replace Transmission mount?, Scott H., Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:34:07
- Re: Replace Transmission mount?, TG, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:20:51
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!