OK, so you've got new springs & shocks. Is the ride quality where you want it? If so, the simplest and, honestly, best solution is going to be 1/2" poly spacers from SAS.
When I swapped over from OEM standard springs to OEM SPG springs, I "lost" 3/8" in the rear due to the shorter-but-stiffer SPG springs. I wanted to gain back the height I'd lost 'cuz I use this car as my pickup/hauler. (Just brought home 1,200 lbs of rock in the back last Saturday!) Since the spring rate was matched to the SPG fronts, the "correct" solution for me was SAS's 1/2" poly spacers, replacing one stock rubber spacer on each side.
Switching springs is only going to be advisable if:
1) you don't like the current ride
2) you need the additional load capacity
3) you want/need/have to spend more money than necessary
Is there a particular reason why you're avoiding spacers?
posted by 72.16.135...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rear spring recommendations to maintain height, KT, Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:00:34
- The 1st question is, "Do you like the ride right now?", Eiron, Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:08:18
- Re: Rear spring recommendations to maintain height, Raub, Wed, 29 Jun 2011 04:17:59
- Double Check Upper Spring Seat, Judge Edo, Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:48:54
- Geee, derf, Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:05:16
- Re: Rear spring recommendations to maintain height, turbocon86, Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:11:40
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!