I think it's worth getting the fabric from a local auto upholstery shop. The fabric store stuff works, but IME it's of a decided different quality than what you get from someone who knows what to order.
There is/was a guy on ebay selling the correct 1/8" foam-backed material that is often hard to find. The common stuff is 1/4", and it's harder to fit into corners and drags on the sunroof. It's worth checking that out, too.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Headliners? DIY?, Canada Karl , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:40:38
- link to a thread with lots of tips + photos, Snowmobile , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:20:19
- Biggest mistake you will make is around the moon roof, Used to be Chaz, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 05:50:30
- Here's one input. Never did one yet - just the moonroof, vsfoxe , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:01:58
- Very DIY, Judge Edo, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:01:29
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!