NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Thank you for posting!
The SAAB 900 ignition retard mechanism is a factory set 5 degree reduction from base ignition timing. With a typical 16 DBTDC set base timing, the factory retard mechanism will reduce this to 11 DBTDC.
When under additional charging/boost pressures via APC enhancement, etc., the ignition timing should be brought to 10 DBTDC when under these increased pressures which will provide a more consistent plus higher charge. We will typically recommend fully pressurizing the retard diaphragm when setting the ignition timing to 10 degrees. When relieving this pressure, the base timing would be apparent though the timing light. Modification of the factory ignition retard mechanism stop could take some trial and error but could be 17-16 DBTDC base ignition timing with a retard to 10 DBTDC when under pressure/charge.
We have had customers employing manual boost control on the ignition signal line to allow for some control of ignition retard curve but a majority of ignition impact will come through the change in 1-3 degree change from the factory ignition timing.
Best of luck with your project!
GSK at SWEDISH DYNAMICS, INC.
posted by 32.209.3...
Posts in this Thread:
- Modified retard capsule., Acejed, Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:53:24
- Modified retard capsule., SWEDISHDYNAMICS , Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:50:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Modified retard capsule., thetallguy , Fri, 3 Nov 2017 00:07:17
- Why do you believe a RRFPR is a necessity?, Notnoel , Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:11:15
- Bleed, turbocon86, Fri, 3 Nov 2017 06:40:55
- Re: Bleed, Saabina, Fri, 3 Nov 2017 07:30:33
- Re: Bleed, thetallguy , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 07:38:55
- Re: Bleed, turbocon86, Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:31:49
- Alternate approach, Notnoel , Thu, 2 Nov 2017 06:57:36
- I'll take two, please! N/M, Saabina, Wed, 1 Nov 2017 16:12:06
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.