NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
So, as I mentioned some time back, one of the previous owners bypassed the heater control valve in the engine compartment. The assumption being that it was leaking. So, rather than test that out and get a bunch of coolant on my carpets I bought a new ProParts unit from eeuroparts.com.
Finally got around to installing it today. What a hassle! the second time around I finally got it to seal and now have the following questions:
1. there seems to be a small pool of coolant where the valve mechanism enters the valve body (see picture). Needless to say this makes me a tad nervous. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it actually leaks or if some coolant just slipped by the plunger and now it will be fine...(hey we can always hope for the best right).
2. Now there is glorious heat coming out of the vents. Well, not all the vents. the center dash vent is blowing cold air while the side vents, floor vents, and defroster vents all blow hot air. What's up with that?
->Posting last edited on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 19:39:22.
900 Turbo Convertible - 1991, Auto
900 Turbo Convertible - 1993, Manual(parts car)
9-3 SE 2.0L Turbo Hatchback - 2002, Auto (pending engine repairs)
9-3 Aero Sedan, 2.8L Turbo - 2006, Auto
Colorado Springs, CO
Posts in this Thread:
- Heater - a few challenges, Matt Grimes , Fri, 1 Dec 2017 19:37:10 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Heater - a few challenges, Matt Grimes , Tue, 12 Dec 2017 11:30:15
- Re: There is a re-circulation switch, Frak , Sun, 3 Dec 2017 17:07:32
- This behavior is by design, JerseySaab , Sun, 3 Dec 2017 13:30:18
- The center vent is only capable of passing "Outside Air"....., vsfoxe , Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:38:161
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.