Intermittent Battery Discharge - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Intermittent Battery Discharge
Posted by phil94028 [Email] (more from phil94028) on Sun, 17 Jun 2018 10:02:37
I've been fighting an intermittent flat battery after parking for as little as a couple of days. Perhaps someone has some ideas or run into this before.
Here is what I've done so far.
1. replaced battery (old one was trashed by all the discharge cycles)
2. replace alternator brush pack (was marginal)
3. load tested both battery and alternator output with carbon pile tester.
4. checked drain when parked with ignition off (low mA range from clock/alarm)
I'm thinking the it might be the cooling fan relay sticking on or perhaps an interior light timeout relay. Only seems to happen once in a while so hard to pin down.
Anyone have any ideas?
posted by 73.222.120...
Posts in this Thread:
- Intermittent Battery Discharge, phil94028, Sun, 17 Jun 2018 10:02:37 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Intermittent Battery Discharge, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:59:39
- Re: Intermittent Battery Discharge, RS , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 05:33:42
- Re: Intermittent Battery Discharge, Landjet , Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:06:31
- Re: Intermittent Battery Discharge, edv, Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:01:48
- Re: Intermittent Battery Discharge, vsfoxe , Sun, 17 Jun 2018 12:03:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!