minor tips on master replace - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
minor tips on master replace 1 Members Like This Post!
Posted by Tushy (more from Tushy) on Wed, 15 May 2019 11:36:51
In Reply to: Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:56
If you do decide to change the master, here are a couple of tips:
Break the hose nut before loosening the nuts from inside the car.
When re-installing, after putting the master through the firewall, loosely attach the 2 nuts just enough so the master stays dangling from the firewall then re-connect the hose. I find it helps to have some play in the master to avoid cross threading the hose.
posted by 73.162.62...
Posts in this Thread:
- Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 09:52:24
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Roger D , Wed, 15 May 2019 10:00:01
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:56
- minor tips on master replace, Tushy, Wed, 15 May 2019 11:36:51 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: minor tips on master replace, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 14:27:28
- How old is your clutch line??, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 06:00:27
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, eric in vermont , Fri, 17 May 2019 07:26:20
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, Saabina, Fri, 17 May 2019 09:32:34
- use reservoir hydraulic hose, StoicBlue87 , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:19:26
- yes, replace it all, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:04:12
- Re: minor tips on master replace, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 15 May 2019 14:49:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!