A few ABS questions - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
[Main 9000 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
A few ABS questions
Posted by Paul Broeckx [Email] (more from Paul Broeckx) on Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:44:03
Digging in solving a abs light on, i was wondering how things work.
I know that during the selftest the continuity and the resistance of the 4 sensors and cables are checked.
1) But are there other components to be checked during de selftest before the ABS light gets out?
2) Is the pump DC motor always running afther start up. Or runs it only when the ABS got activated in an emergecy case?
3) When the pump motor will always run and after 185K Km the collector and the brushes must be completely worn. Is that true?
4) How to get the ABS controller/computer out of that little space just behind the false bukhead? I am able to lift it just a little bit but then it stucks.I do not see any tabs to relaese in order to lift the ABS computer completely from its position.
5) I tried to loosen the big fat connector at the top of the ABS controller by lifting up and sliding away the latch to a horizontal position( almost 180 degrees. The latch is than facing towards the AC evaporator. The result is that I only can lift a little bit of the connector on the left side of the connector (more or less standing in front of the ABS controller/computer). The right connector part facing to the drivers side fender is moving just a tiny bit, but no relaese of the whole connector is possible. I wonder what Iam doing wrong?
Thanks for sharing your knowlege!!
posted by 92.110.18...
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!