Nobody can fault me for loving Saabs. Either the 900, the 9-3 or the 9-5. They just look and perform wonderfully. Truth be told, I've never owned a Saab ( driven a few ) yet I'm interested in a 1999 9-5 V6. It has 73k on the odometer and the carfax is clean (Timing belt at 37k?). I desperately desire to purchase the car yet the Edmunds reviews are killing my dream. Any thoughts from Saab owners? I'm not opposed to doing my own work yet I have other obligations which demand my time. Knowing the necessity for the 60k timing belt and other regular investments, I'm willing to do the proper maintenance provided the performance and reliability can also be maintained.
posted by 76.173.205...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Love the 9-5, Mike, Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:18:23
- Re: Love the 9-5, dtech, Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:21:31
- Re: Love the 9-5, Erik919kt , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:45:24
- Flip the coin, john b , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:40:00
- Re: Love the 9-5, Railhead , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:17:03
- The French would call it "l'affaire du coeur", Noel , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:51:47
- Money vs ??, Mike Lynch , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:27:02
- Re: Love the 9-5, James, Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:55:54
- Re: Love the 9-5, JohnA , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:52:20
- Re: Love the 9-5, PGAero , Tue, 23 Nov 2010 04:57:12
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!