I just added a new car to my fleet, a 1971 95 (very exciting). I am going to pick it up this weekend and have access to a large box truck. I am wondering if anyone has ever put their car into a truck as opposed to using a car carrier. Its going to be an 8.5 hour drive home with the car so I am thinking putting it in the truck would be most efficent. Is this even possible?? How would I get the car in?? I was thinking backing the truck up to a hill, using ramps to span the gap and rolling the car right in then strapping it down. Is this just a stupid idea and how would you do it?
900 vert under construction
2000 Gary Fisher 208k
71 95 67k
posted by 64.65.19...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- unconventional car hauling, bcharliek, Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:07:49
- Why not use the box truck to tow a dolly??, MI-Roger , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:53:31
- I can see something like this happening (video) NM, turrbo , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:51:06
- Classic.., RobsSaab , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:01:51
- Re: unconventional car hauling, EGD , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:07:56
- Re: unconventional car hauling, Nick Taliaferro , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:44:54
- Maybe..., Noel , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:11:09
- Make sure to take video, No Snaab , Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:59:41
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!