This is something that interests me... can you take a side by side photo of the 2 with the top off?
I had assumed they were potted from the way they are always swapped new. But it's very costly compared to the ignitions on the older Saabs + potentially an issue of availability as the cars age... Has anyone ever refurbed a DIC?
I'd open mine, but it's working, and I don't touch things that are working ;-)... but when it fails, I will take a look (I have an ee background)...
posted by 216.59.228...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- What country manafactures genuine Saab DIC's?, Brian, Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:58:37
- China (Hong Kong), nwas, Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:38:11
- Re: It's a genuine Saab DIC, Brian, Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:19:29
- good luck, my knock-off lasted a week, AeroEd , Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:23:08
- Photos? - was Re: It's a genuine Saab DIC, nwas, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:03:15
- Re: More intersting info. Intermotor sticker., Brian, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:41:25
- China..., jeff in MD , Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:29:40
- lol (n/m), Siegfried, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:19:49
- Opening up DIC's..., James, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 05:05:52
- Inside view of DIC, dmz789qqq, Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:21:15
- Re: Opening up DIC's..., IanC , Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:10:57
- And another, SWEDECAR , Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:08:38
- Here you go, SWEDECAR , Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:07:28
- Re: What country manafactures genuine Saab DIC's?, SWEDECAR , Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:34:29
- My recent OEM purchase was made by SEM in Sweden, MI-Roger , Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:16:05
- Does it work? nm, Mike Johnson, Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:11:25
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!