My feelings exactly. I almost never access FB online--smartphone only. And my 19 and 21 y-o boys tell me that FB is passe for their generation. As soon as kids started getting in trouble for putting stuff on FB, it became a place where "the man" could watch them. Plenty of stories of HS-aged kids getting kicked off sports teams, or honor society, etc. for being caught with pics from a party posted online. Lots of parents have been discouraging their children not to put stuff up on FB too. The only stuff that's up there now are pictures of puppies, grand kids, and prom pictures.
It will be interesting to see what kind of changes FB has to make now that they have to answer to investors. More things like the forced timeline which a major user-base hates and their installed base will dwindle. Something else could replace FB if it becomes too invasive or too cumbersome.
On the ebay situation somebody mentioned... They are too big to compete with or topple. Which is too bad, because their current fee schedule makes it difficult to be an occasional seller anymore. Their rates are crazy, and they even get a percentage of the shipping charges now. Their PayPal service is almost a requirement. Went public, have to answer to investors, make solely profit-based decisions, scare away large numbers of users--it happens.
posted by 64.128.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Facebook Stock, Scott Paterson , Sun, 20 May 2012 06:55:14
- funny tweet by my friend..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 25 May 2012 15:22:17
- "Fury Over Facebook IPO Grows, Lawsuits Mount", Bill Homer, Wed, 23 May 2012 09:41:29
- Re: Facebook Stock, C H Tay, Tue, 22 May 2012 21:14:39
- Re: Facebook Stock, Scott Paterson , Tue, 22 May 2012 16:36:59
- Zuck said they need to monetize the mobile apps, AeroBaron, Mon, 21 May 2012 21:23:43
- Fadebook. $20, andym, Mon, 21 May 2012 15:35:02
- I suspect $20 comes first, Notnoel , Mon, 21 May 2012 08:49:46
- This ^, turbocon86, Mon, 21 May 2012 09:43:11
- Re: This ^, Snowmobile , Mon, 21 May 2012 10:00:30
- Facebook Stock -If it hits 50 first below 20 is next, LG Aero, Mon, 21 May 2012 06:06:40
- Not a clue, DE, Sun, 20 May 2012 12:34:46
- $20 - I think they'll be MySpace 2.0, Trev, Sun, 20 May 2012 12:01:24
- Seems all too familiar, Bill Homer, Sun, 20 May 2012 11:47:46
- Depends what they do with the billions received, MI-Roger , Sun, 20 May 2012 11:03:16
- Bubble?, Snowmobile , Sun, 20 May 2012 08:58:31
- Re: Facebook Stock, turbosaab , Sun, 20 May 2012 07:32:10
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!