NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
I really sort of agree with you as to our tastes in cars, but I can't dis drag racing as an exciting spectator sport to watch. I get 30 laps into a 60 lap F1 race (or often just a parade) where the most exciting thing is a lead change during a pit stop and I kinda' wonder why I'm watching. In most road races all the real action could be condensed to the start, a few passes (very few sometimes) and a parade to the finish, maybe 5 minutes total.
With drag racing you have continuous rounds of action up to the final, great for TV, and again, 5,000hp is it's own show, burn out to parachute pop at 300+ mph, definitely spikes the adrenaline and makes for a good show.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Empty seats at Indy, John in Bismarck, Mon, 30 Jul 2012 05:56:01
- I would watch more NASCAR but only if.., pushrodsaab, Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:26:36
- Economics and boring racing, Noel , Tue, 31 Jul 2012 06:41:59
- Maybe they finally got bored of it., B Millar , Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:01:51
- Lots of empty seats at the Olympics too, Chadwick , Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:39:15
- NASCAR fan's disposable income, MI-Roger , Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:41:01
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.