Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
There used to be issues with safety standards and emissions compliance, then with later models it was accepted that vehicle standards were the same in Canada and USA and no associated paperwork was required for those issues. My 1995 NG900 required a letter from GM Canada certifying standards. Saabs there where supplied with Euro instrument clusters, showing kM only on speedo and odometer. When I registered the Saab in Kansas in 1997, the inspector probably had nothing in mind re speedo KM-miles issues.
There could be model differences. In Canada, the NG900 turbo was available with or without a sun roof, USA was sun roof only and the trim level name was the same in both countries. I can't recall what the trim level name was...
Taking a vehicle with you as you move to the USA did not incur any taxes or duties at the border [or in Kansas]. Importing from Canada to California may involve a lot of new factors and California emissions standards may be a problem for some models/years.
posted by 108.207.118...
Posts in this Thread:
- Importing Saab from Canada to US?, Scott Paterson , Thu, 7 Sep 2017 10:52:13
- Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US?, Liam, Wed, 13 Sep 2017 05:45:51
- Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US?, Dean, Sat, 9 Sep 2017 06:17:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Specifically 2 Saabs in the classifieds..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 8 Sep 2017 10:06:23
- Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US?, Bloodnose , Fri, 8 Sep 2017 06:51:53
- Talked to my Canadian co-worker about this....., MI-Roger , Thu, 7 Sep 2017 18:15:39
- Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US?, REDrum , Thu, 7 Sep 2017 15:28:04
- Re: Importing Saab from Canada to US?, Snowmobile , Thu, 7 Sep 2017 11:36:58
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!