NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
My tire shop will not rotate the tires if I'm even approaching the wear limit. Company policy, liability-based (but I'm sure it's also to steer you into a set of new tires). I doubt the state regulations get that specific.
I've quite often had the tires flipped on the rims to even out wear ('02 9-5 Aero SW was a tire-chewing monster). I had a local used-tire shop do this for maybe $10/tire. This includes balancing. They would also patch tires if my plugs didn't hold ($10).
My advice - find a hole-in-the-wall tire shop and pay cash. If you feel the tires are safe, why not get the most out of them?
Posts in this Thread:
- Tires, ya learn something new all the time..., GFW3pedals , Thu, 12 Oct 2017 06:15:35
- Re: V pattern tires, andym, Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:34:25
- Depending on what tire work costs you, might not pay, Bill Homer, Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:33:38
- Re: Tires,, Tom g , Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:30:31
- Re: Tires, ya learn something new all the time..., Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 12 Oct 2017 09:41:31
- yes..., Snowmobile , Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:27:13
- State regs or trying to sell you new tires?, JMJinNC , Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:07:35 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.