Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear...
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:40:38
a) Put your blinkers on if you're nearly stopped on an interstate?
b) Flash oncoming traffic to warn them of a hazard ahead?
I guess I'm old school, but I was taught to do this. as for a), in DC
traffic there are often very abrupt slowdowns. Sometimes speed drops from
70 to 0 around a curve, and if I'm stopped there on the curve, on go
the flashers, 'cause it seems to me it just might save me from getting
rear-ended. I don't see anyone else doing that.
As for warning oncoming traffic, I was taught it was polite to warn
oncoming traffic of accidents or (ok) cops ahead by flashing the
high-beams. Just today on the road to work there was a big backup and
a hill that would hide it so I flashed a couple of times to warn
oncoming traffic. Again I rarely see any one else doing that.
Am I just old-school? Do I live in a unenlightend region? Just curious
what other people think.
posted by 66.44.92...
Posts in this Thread:
- Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Cary, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:40:38 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Craig, Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:23:58
- I flash lights to warn off radar traps/police ahead..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:55:47
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:31:14
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., bobc , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:21:39
- No, hazards only when stopped for me, GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:05:48
- Flashers under 40, Cary, Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:47:20
- Hazards while driving..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:15:59
- maximize my visibility to others, bobc , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:41:50
- Re: No, hazards only when stopped for me, Snowmobile , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:29:52
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Saab88, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:56:03
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., EGD , Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:52:19
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!