Re: Ford Dropping Most Sedans - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
The sedan market, especially larger sedans, has been in such decline in the U.S. lately that Ford didn't even bother to try to sell the latest generation Taurus here. North America still gets the fifth generation Taurus introduced in 2010 while the six generation version is only sold in China. With various rebates and incentives, Tauruses have been being offered for far less than sticker prices yet they're still not seeing many retail buyers. Low prices aren't bringing sufficient buyers and only continue to diminish profits.
While rumored for a while, I think killing off the Fusion is a bit more of a gamble. Yes, Fusion sales have been in steady decline since 2014 and are down another 15% so far this year but even now are still Ford's fourth best-selling vehicle in the U.S. behind F-Series (way out front), Escape and Explorer. The profits for the model just aren't there for Ford right now I guess.
Ford better hope that their sedan customers will still be there down the road if that segment ever makes a comeback. Clearly it's a risk they are willing to take.
posted by 68.82....
Posts in this Thread:
- Ford Dropping Most Sedans, EGD , Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:29:491
- Keeping your customers happy, ELaw , Wed, 2 May 2018 03:48:31
- I can't help but wonder..., Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 1 May 2018 07:43:01
- They are following the market..., Noel , Sat, 28 Apr 2018 06:52:07
- Re: Ford Dropping Most Sedans, No Snaab, Fri, 27 Apr 2018 05:05:58
- Re: Ford Dropping Most Sedans, Ted, Fri, 27 Apr 2018 02:43:14
- US or worldwide? Upcoming electrics?, Cary, Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:52:15
- All you need to know is........, MI-Roger , Thu, 26 Apr 2018 15:17:22
- Re: Ford Dropping Most Sedans, A1-turbo, Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:53:31 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Ford Dropping Most Sedans, cheaptech , Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:42:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!