Re: Choosing my next set of wheels - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Re: Choosing my next set of wheels
Posted by No Snaab (more from No Snaab) on Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:42:36
In Reply to: Choosing my next set of wheels, larry5b6 [Profile/Gallery]
, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:01:38
I owned 6 Saab convertibles over the years, all C900's. I thought about stepping up to a 9-3 but was concerned about the complexity of the top and the lack of dealer support. I ended up with a Jeep Wrangler, which on the face of it is pretty "out there," but hear me out. Living where I do there's few places to drive fast other than freeways and I really don't like doing it on two lane country roads. Something about convertible driving makes me chill out and just cruise. So the Jeep is perfect in that role. It's fun to drive in a very different way from something like a Saab. I don't go off road (but could) but it's fun to explore dirt roads sometimes. You have a lot of options in what you can get. If it's just a toy you can get a two door with a soft top and a stick. Get water proof seat covers and you can just leave the top and doors off all summer. Get the four door with the hard top and you have a year round vehicle to boot. They aren't for everyone and may not be for you. But since you're looking, take one for a spin. After 42 years of driving nothing but European cars I would have never guessed I'd like something like a Jeep, but I do. Go figure.
posted by 99.129.240...
Posts in this Thread:
- Choosing my next set of wheels, larry5b6 , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:01:38
- keep Saab or maybe a BMW, AdamD, Mon, 12 Nov 2018 06:50:28
- Fiat 124?, dmz789qqq, Sat, 10 Nov 2018 08:00:35
- Re: Fiat 124?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:02:30
- Oh, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:05:46
- Re: Oh x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 21 Nov 2018 08:39:35
- Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way?, larry5b6 , Sat, 10 Nov 2018 03:18:161
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, larry5b6 , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 17:01:06
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, JTRI , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:22:29
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, Name Left Blank, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:05:53
- Miata, Lotus Elan with front wheel drive, No Snaab, Sat, 10 Nov 2018 04:51:49
- 124, DE, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:30:25
- Oops - missed my name Scott Daggert (n/m), Scott Daggert, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:07:21
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, Barrymabel , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:23:05
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, Saabina, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 08:56:45
- C900 vert, Notnoel , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:36:57
- How about a Boxster?, Randy Thatcher , Fri, 9 Nov 2018 05:56:22
- Re: Choosing my next set of wheels, No Snaab, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 04:42:36 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!