I believe it's SAAB policy to discourage the owners from modify their cars, as evident by fitting the 9000s with 4x108 bolt pattern, low offset wheels which are almost impossible to find aftermarket wheels to replace. I'm being tounge-in-cheek here of course:) Nonetheless, I share your frustration. I believe the reason are SAAB cars are great looking right out of the showroom and lack of identity (and horsepower) has never been a problem for SAAB. ALso SAAB owners seem to be more mature than Honda Civic or Acura Integra owners, therefore, subtlety is the key here.
However, that still doesn't explain why, percentagewise, there're more European SAAB enthusiasts than US counterparts.
Enjoy your stock SAAB:)
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- All SAABs look the same on the road, Phil, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:08:53
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Han, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:39:47
- How's about a flame-job..? n/m, TWD, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:18:43
- Not all..., Ben, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:44:10
- a few thoughts, JasonS , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:12:37
- Stealth, my friend. I averaged 1 ticket/3 months in..., SPGeorge, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:04:27
- Got many tix in TalladegaRed; none in Platana Grey. n/m, Rafe , Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:20:27
- I Hear You!!, Bill R, Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:01:40
- Re: Stealth, my friend. I averaged 1 ticket/3 months in..., jp, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:28:09
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Jake, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:49:36
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, GM, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:26:16
- if you ask my opinion, they look stupid with..., modest mouse, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:32:01
- So do all Hondas, guess that's why I'm glad..., Richard P., Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:22:39
- Maybe on the surface..., REM in Seattle , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:00:06
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Nathan Work, Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:53:50
- Re: All SAABs look the same on the road, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:32:37
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!