Re: Rain-X?? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I've used Rain X since the early 90's. I like to apply it, and let it set up over night before buffing it up. I've read some the problems that have been posted, but the hazing is because it wasn't completely dry before it was buffed. Rain X is much like a wax, in that it fills the microscopic pours of the glass surface. Glass is very porous material, and as such, can be very rough, which is why rain can stick so well. As a general rule, you shouldn't need to use your wipers at speeds over 35 mph. If you do, you need to reapply another application, roughly every 30 days, or sooner in really inclimate weather. If your wipers are chattering, they are dirty; clean them. As an absolute rule, I also wear latex gloves when using as well. If you need to know why, let a rag sit around for awhile, and watch it deteriorate over several weeks. Not very good on the hands.
Do not let it get on your paint, either. It is one of the best safety products I use; I do not drive without it, including rental cars. The anti-fog product is very good for the convertible, but rarely use washer fluid at all; just the most severe weather. It spots the paint over time, so I clean my glass daily. If you get into the habit, you will never tolerate dirty glass again.
posted by 68.83.8...
Posts in this Thread:
- Rain-X??, Daniel, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:55:34
- Leaves film on windshield. Blurry lights at night. nm, Taylor, Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:54:20
- Second best thing after sliced bread....., Jorgen Trued, Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:30:14
- Re: Rain-X??, Bullseye, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:15:48
- Re: Rain-X??, Marc Fails, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:13:10 <-- Viewing This Message
- my windshield looks shotblasted....., Chris M, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:39:27
- Re: Rain-X??, Noel , Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:34:54
- Question for you Rain-X ers below, Skip, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:17:07
- Re: Rain-X!!, Greg Netzner, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:47:07
- Re: Rain-X??, RS , Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:27:22
- Re: Rain-X??, Chuck, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:42:24
- Re: Rain-X??, gorper, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:15:42
- Re: Rain-X??, Henry, Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:58:51
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!