Car Broke Down On Road, whats wrong? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Got off the interstate and drove about a 1/4 mile and the engine light started flashing and then a few seconds later it quit running.
Pulled off the road and checked for codes and there were none.
Tried restarting and it cranked really slow.
I replaced the DIC with a spare I keep in the car.
No change, it cranked really slow and then would stop turning over.
Never tried to fire.
Acted like the battery was dead but I've got a volt gauge in the car and it read 12.2V.
My wive drove 30 minutes from home to pick me up.
I put the jumper cables on it and still the same, slow crank and then it stops turning over.
Before I get it towed I'm tempted to buy a new battery and see if that fixes it? Maybe its got a bad cell...
But that doesn't account for why it shut down in the first place.
Same thing if the starter is bad.
2003 9-5 Linear Wagon
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Car Broke Down On Road, whats wrong?, Savary , Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:45:50 <-- Viewing This Message
- sounds like broken motor........, jimmy, Sat, 29 Sep 2018 09:44:16
- Update...., Savary , Wed, 3 Oct 2018 05:53:27
- Re: sounds like broken motor........, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 30 Sep 2018 10:17:01
- Re: sounds like broken motor........, Savary , Sat, 29 Sep 2018 17:18:20
- Re: sounds like broken motor........, K.Daehnke, Sat, 6 Oct 2018 03:24:54
- Re: sounds like broken motor........, K.Daehnke, Fri, 5 Oct 2018 22:07:11
- read codes?, Snowmobile , Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:01:00
- no codes, Savary , Wed, 3 Oct 2018 05:58:47
- Re: Car Broke Down On Road, whats wrong?, andym, Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:52:58
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!