Re: Looking to replace front door and dash speakers - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership |
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
here is what used on my `08
- Dash right and left: These are small speakers and receive only
midrange and treble. They will not receive any bass frequencies.
- Original specs: 2.5” 2.5 ohm, 16W
- The original speakers were functioning just fine.
- I replaced with Skar Audio SK35 3.5-Inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker, 4ohm
- The replacement was larger but was a direct fit. However, The tweeter
interferes with the speaker grill and I had to cut a hole in the grill
to make it fit.
- Front Door left and right: These speakers receive only midrange and bass
frequencies. They will not receive any high frequencies.
- Original specs: 6.5” 2.4ohm, 22W
- I replaced with Skar Audio TX65 Elite 6.5-Inch 2-Way Coaxial Speakers,
- They were just slightly too big to fit the plastic mounting ring. I cut
the mounting ring to enlarge the opening and made a foam gasket.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!