Re: First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Thick floor rugs, wallowed out clevis pin hole in pedal, = shorter pedal stroke. Broken spring inside of Clutch MC = 1/2 "suck" of clutch fluid. Hence, no disc disengagement. BUT I have the same problem on my '85. It is murder to shift into 1st or 2nd gear while rolling or stopped! If your problem is a "frozen" pilot bearing or any of the above you should be able to go through ALL of the gears very easily with the engine OFF. My problem is an internal, very sluggish shift fork on it's guide rod, I think, or a synchro spring is jammed in the muff or in that area. I hardly ever drive this car but it was a huge feat to drive it to the scrap iron re cycle center yesterday. Enough said! Good luck.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed, CJ, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:59:11
- Re: First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed, BillN, Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:56:15
- Re: First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed, Cmyles , Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:29:57
- Are you getting full clutch motion ?, BobD, Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:51:21
- It might be the pilot bering starting to get rough n/m, RS , Wed, 29 Apr 2015 07:37:14
- Tried pumping... No go but..., CJ, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:38:11
- Re: First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed, CJ, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:16:28
- Re: First and Second Gear Troubles - Any guesses? 5-speed, Per, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:06:17
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!