Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades
1 Saabers Like This Post!
Posted by AaronG (more from AaronG) on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:00:29
In Reply to: 8 valve N/A upgrades, 79 gle, Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:25:49
8 Valve 900's are cool because there seem to be almost none left. Enjoy it for what it is. It won't ever be fast. In fact, even a 16 valve turbo isn't really fast by modern standards. What make the 8 valve cool is its CIS injection, its cool cast cam cover, and just having something few others own. Don't go dorking it up, just make it run right and leave it alone.
Back in the day I had one with a header and gutted cat. I swear it was slower. It definitely sounded worse, and I imagine it polluted more.
posted by 71.225.93...
Posts in this Thread:
- 8 valve N/A upgrades, 79 gle, Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:25:49
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, Landjet , Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:25:16
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, 79' gle, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:06:02
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, 79' gle, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:07:37
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, Landjet , Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:18:59
- Re lifter shims: Is there a Triumph source?, RayF, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:28:44
- Re: Re lifter shims: Is there a Triumph source?, Landjet , Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:33:39
- Found: One shim, plus entire head, shims and all., RayF, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:24:42
- Send me the diameter, I might have some, Cmyles , Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:50:32
- Re: Found: One shim, plus entire head, shims and all., Landjet , Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:14:20
- Re: Found: One shim, plus entire head, shims and all., Landjet , Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:10:37
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, Simon S, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:46:33
- Re: 8 valve N/A upgrades, AaronG, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:00:29 <-- Viewing This Message1
- You're putting lipstick on a pig. Sorry, U2bC, Tue, 27 Oct 2015 00:26:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!