Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
100% - classic master cylinder failure.
Although I like your replace everything approach, what I would probably do is reverse-flush the system (new fluid in through the slave cylinder, towards the master - get a good 200-300cc through there. Suck all the fluid out of the brake fluid reservoir with the same syringe. Then, replace the master cylinder. This will help ensure that any crap the master is losing to the system is gone and it doesn't contaminate the new master or slave.
Replacing the master on an ABS car isn't fun, but it's not the worst. Do some recon first and see if you wanna plan to hit the nuts with Kroil etc. first... sometimes they get gnarly and you don't wanna fight them at the last minute. :)
posted by 66.60.157...
Posts in this Thread:
- Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 09:52:24
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Roger D , Wed, 15 May 2019 10:00:01
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- minor tips on master replace, Tushy, Wed, 15 May 2019 11:36:511
- Re: minor tips on master replace, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 14:27:28
- How old is your clutch line??, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 06:00:27
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, eric in vermont , Fri, 17 May 2019 07:26:20
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, Saabina, Fri, 17 May 2019 09:32:34
- use reservoir hydraulic hose, StoicBlue87 , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:19:26
- yes, replace it all, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:04:12
- Re: minor tips on master replace, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 15 May 2019 14:49:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!