Update - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The cruise control over the past 1300 miles has gone for working occasionally to working never.
The problem is almost certainly the cruise control module (ECU). Mine probably is the first generation, part number 4433108. Maybe it will be possible to open it and re-flow some solder joints. If not successful then I'll replace with a new to me last generation ECU, part number 5038849.
The stalk switch is a simple part that is easy to check with a multi-tester. Remove the lower half of the steering column clamshell, disconnect the switch harness and check resistance at various switch settings. These are my notes about the switch:
All the stalk switch does is direct nominally 12V power from fuse #2 to 3 pins on the cruise control ECU that's attached to the battery tray.
• Power enters the stalk switch on a red wire at pin #4.
• When you flip the switch On 12V goes to pin #1 and from there travels a red wire to pin A on the ECU.
• When you hit the Set button 12V goes to pin #2 and from there on a red/white wire to pin B on the ECU.
• When you hit Resume 12V power goes to pin #3 and from there on a yellow wire to pin C on the ECU.
• When you hit the TIP position power to the ECU is interrupted.
• The switch receives no power when the ignition is off.
Posts in this Thread:
- Cruise control not reliable, sam96CS , Tue, 6 Jun 2017 09:15:57
- Update Two, sam96CS , Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:07:18
- Update, sam96CS , Tue, 20 Jun 2017 06:24:20 <-- Viewing This Message
- Just an observation, sam96CS , Tue, 6 Jun 2017 14:41:56
- Re: Cruise control not reliable, Simon S, Tue, 6 Jun 2017 09:28:34
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!