Sometimes a car is just a car. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Sometimes a car is just a car.
Posted by Ari [Email] (more from Ari) on Wed, 13 May 2009 11:30:45
In Reply to: Avis commercials are really starting to piss me off..., swedespeed7, Wed, 13 May 2009 07:54:41
There is a series of ads, the Saab starring in just one. The other is a non-descript Japanese car, and another with a generic mini-van. Yes, the Saab is distintictive, and we notice it.
I really don't think there is a sub-text here. They aren't trying to use deep-seated Saab associations to promote Avis. Somebody said - we need some cars. Somebody had a decent Saab. Heck, maybe someone in the production company asked to use his car, so he could make a few bucks.
Sometimes a car is just a car. Even if it is a Saab.
posted by 192.249....
Posts in this Thread:
- Avis commercials are really starting to piss me off..., swedespeed7, Wed, 13 May 2009 07:54:41
- yeah u get them swedespeed, vvack0matic , Mon, 18 May 2009 09:33:09
- Is this a serious post? n.m, Wasabi, Thu, 14 May 2009 16:04:47
- Are we being a tad oversensitive?, Noel , Wed, 13 May 2009 18:49:08
- Re: Avis commercials are really starting to piss me off..., fraero95, Wed, 13 May 2009 12:36:13
- Avis used to rent Saabs..., James, Wed, 13 May 2009 12:35:51
- Rambler American in the '60s/70s, andym, Wed, 13 May 2009 12:16:35
- Sometimes a car is just a car., Ari, Wed, 13 May 2009 11:30:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Avis commercials are really starting to piss me off..., RobsSaab, Wed, 13 May 2009 08:45:17
- Re: Avis commercials are really starting to piss me off..., C H Tay, Wed, 13 May 2009 08:14:40
- NOT!.., Railhead , Wed, 13 May 2009 10:12:02
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!