Have one, works OK, requires computer savy - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Have one, works OK, requires computer savy
Posted by Paul from Palmyra, PA [Email] (more from Paul from Palmyra, PA) on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:20:51
In Reply to: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, dmz789qqq, Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:46:38
I got one about two years ago and it was about $350 shipped including the case and SAAB card. It took some work to get it to communicate with the computer, and I have an old Windows XP notebook dedicated to its use. But the diagnostic information available is invaluable. I agree that programming the main computer is very risky, so I won't try that. But I added a CD changer with no problems and have done other minor changes like tire size. I've never had a bit of trouble with the one I bought. It's really helped me diagnose ACC issues.
posted by 72.59.19...
Posts in this Thread:
- $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, dmz789qqq, Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:46:38
- Received my Tech2 today!, dmz789qqq, Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:34:54
- Have one, works OK, requires computer savy, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:20:51 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, Name Left Blank, Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:37:12
- Re: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, steve, Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:34:18
- Re: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, MI-Roger , Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:36:19
- Re: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, SWEDECAR , Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:31:12
- Pretty tempting, JerseySaab , Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:10:39
- Re: $260 Tech2 - any feedback?, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:08:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!