Yep, you have to proceed carefully, but - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
there is good YT DIY stuff out there.
Part of my biz is video so I tend to be critical, but I've gotten some good car repair info from YT.
The problem with most people shooting the videos is not showing some things as clearly as they might, and assuming the watcher knows more than they probably do. Next, they often skip showing some steps, leaving stuff to the viewer's imagination. Or they just leave stuff out. The really good videos are the step by step ones, but they take a lot more time do shoot, and then have to be well edited. Very few YT auto videos are well edited. And of course there's the difficulty of getting good cam angles and lighting for some spots on a car. There's a lot of stuff you do by feel!
But in fairness, it's pretty hard to do some of this well, especially holding a cam or phone while something is being done. It really requires two people or a way to set up the cam in a few places while the work is being done. I never have help when working on car so I simply don't shoot video, even though I have all the equipment. I just do detailed written procedures, sometimes with photos. I'd rather do video but just don't have the time a good job requires. (Maybe I need to dial it back a notch!)
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- By the power vested in me, SWEDECAR , Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:50:433
- Re: By the power vested in me, Landjet , Fri, 24 Feb 2017 21:43:39
- You know, their videos have helped me........., MI-Roger , Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:50:07
- Me too. I'm not embarrased to admit that, SWEDECAR , Sat, 25 Feb 2017 17:05:41
- *some* of the videos are good..., Snowmobile , Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:12:50
- Re: *some* of the videos are good..., Name Left Blank, Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:05:52
- Re: *some* of the videos are good..., RS , Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:44:35
- Yep, you have to proceed carefully, but, Noel , Sun, 26 Feb 2017 07:12:58 <-- Viewing This Message1
- I beleive that many here share that certification with you!, Bill Homer, Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:59:57
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!