"OEM parts suppliers" - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A few random thoughts:
1. There is a *lot* of "bending" the truth when it comes to auto parts suppliers/makers. If you search the web for a few moments, you'll find vendors (pretty established ones) claiming Monroe is the OE supplier of shock absorbers for Audi. Guess what, they're not, and never were.
2. I'd be interested to know if ProParts Sweden even existed when the 9000 was being built? If not, clearly they were not the manufacturers of the original parts.
3. That a company was the "OE manufacturer" does NOT automatically mean the part they're selling you is the same quality as the one that came on the car. I've bought "OE" (in Saab-branded packaging with Saab part labels) 9000 mufflers from reputable dealers twice and had them last less than a year! The original muffler lasted much longer under exactly the same conditions. While Bosal may have made the muffler that your 9-5 came with, that does not mean the Bosal muffler currently available from your favorite supplier is the same thing.
I'm not saying this to bum anyone out or pick on EEuro because I think they're good people doing the best they can with the resources at hand. It's just how it is in the auto-parts business, especially for older cars.
'90 Audi 80 quattro (modded to death), '12 Audi A4 quattro (stock for now)
Gone but not forgotten:
'72 99, '77 99 (became a turbo, twice)
'80 900T 5-door, '81 900T, '86 900S (became a turbo), '86 900 SPG
'86 9000, '97 9000 Aero
A bunch of Audis, '69 Firebird, '64 Toyota Corona (first car, cost $35 and worth every penny)
Be alert... America needs more lerts!
Posts in this Thread:
- Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Sondeen , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:19:301
- "OEM parts suppliers", ELaw , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:56:01 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, turrbo , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:57:05
- PPS is OEM now for some parts..., Jeremy R., Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:13:09
- URO., Norval99 , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:25
- Interesting..., Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:43:21
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:53:30
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:51:38
- Re: Interesting..., neil dale , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:36:57
- Re: Interesting..., RS , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:08:21
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Justin VanAbrahams , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:27:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!