Re: Just changed spark plugs on V10 Ford truck... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
To date, the worst spark plug job I have done is on my '99 Suburban. The plugs go basically straight in to the side, but of course they are surrounded by stuff and access is rough. *Still* took me two and a half hours last time to replace the plugs and wires. Had there been ten, I probably would have taken it in! :D
The worse similar job I have ever done was replacing glow plugs on my Jeep. Those things are very long, go into a very narrow hole, and are made of ceramic. By the time they are changed, they are very fragile. It's like playing Operation - if you touch the sides with a glow plug it shatters, falls into the hole, and then you take the engine apart.
posted by 66.60.157...
Posts in this Thread:
- Just changed spark plugs on V10 Ford truck..., RodM, Mon, 11 Feb 2019 14:17:04
- Re: Just changed spark plugs on V10 Ford truck..., Ted P, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:50:01
- Re: Just changed spark plugs on V10 Ford truck..., Tom G , Tue, 12 Feb 2019 10:49:13
- Times are changing, Bloodnose , Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:04:31
- On some Ford trucks you remove the cab to reach all plugs, MI-Roger , Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:02:16
- Re: Just changed spark plugs on V10 Ford truck..., Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 11 Feb 2019 14:47:41 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!