Keeping a car as a relic - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Keeping a car as a relic
Posted by Sam (more from Sam) on Fri, 22 May 2020 13:00:51
I'm thinking of keeping old two cars as relics. They are not rare models, just nice looking ones with normal cosmetic wear. One proposed car doesn't run and probably can never be fixed short of complete restoration. Any advice for outdoor storage?
I was thinking of
1. washing it on a regular basis but not frequently. Rinsing any bird droppings right away.
2. inflate the tires to 40 psi and check yearly or so.
3. air out the interior a couple of times a year.
4. keep as little gas in the tank as possible.
For the car that barely runs, has automatic transmission problems and is not registered, only titled.
5. Keep only about a gallon of gas in the tank, add StaBil fuel stabilizer. Run the car once in a while for maybe 20 minutes, 2000-3000 rpm, then replace gas used with new gas and StaBil.
posted by 70.97.26...
Posts in this Thread:
- Keeping a car as a relic, Sam, Fri, 22 May 2020 13:00:51 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Keeping a car as a relic, Name Left Blank, Tue, 26 May 2020 08:08:28
- Re: Keeping a car as a relic, saabsince 93b , Mon, 25 May 2020 21:25:531
- Overinflating the tires, Sam, Sat, 23 May 2020 11:59:07
- Re: Keeping a car as a relic, Craig, Fri, 22 May 2020 17:04:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!