Re: Didn't the US and other countries do this too, though? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The US tested an ASM-135 ASAT missile in September 1985 against a malfunctioning satellite orbiting at 326 miles. The debris field eventually burned up in the atmosphere between 2004-2008.
If the you-know-what hits the fan, one can expect several nations to attack other nation’s satellites. The resulting debris fields would be ruinous for other orbiting hardware.
Several countries have stealthy satellites for lack of a better word in orbit in case they’re needed after the acknowledged ones are destroyed.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- It happened... one of the things I've been fearing... Anti-Satellite Missile, Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:15:01
- Didn't the US and other countries do this too, though?, bender , Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:52:39
- Debris problem closer to home, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 20 Nov 2021 11:38:00
- Is this Frank Zappa's Kosmic Debris??, Bernie , Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:10:41
- "See! I warned you." - Director Alfonso Cuarón, NCCaniac , Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:10:14
- How dare those Russians do that....., DougM , Wed, 17 Nov 2021 01:38:42
- blew up?, TimN , Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:28:571
- Re: It happened... one of the things I've been fearing... Anti-Satellite Missile, JerseySaab , Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:52:131
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!